IF YOU DISCOVER A FIRE, you should remain calm and:
- Call 911 from a safe location.
- Evacuate or relocate and assist all others in the immediate area.
- Close doors behind you to isolate the fire.
- Proceed to stairwells and listen for instructions. NEVER use the elevators.
- Be cautious when opening doors so as not to spread the fire. Touch any door to see if it is hot before opening it.
- Quickly and quietly exit the building, via the enclosed stairways located at opposite ends of each side of the building, and remain outside until Building Management, Security or the responding authorities announce the “all clear.”
If smoke is present, stay low and crawl with your body against the floor. The clearest air is near the floor. If forced to make a dash through smoke or flame, hold your breath and cover your nose and mouth with an article of clothing.