Deliveries, Freight Elevator, and Loading Dock
All large deliveries of furniture, equipment, or material should be scheduled with the Building Management Office.
Deliveries to and from the Premises shall be made only at the times, in the areas, and through the entrances and exits reasonably designated by Landlord. Tenant shall not make deliveries to or from the Premises in a manner that might interfere with the use by any other tenant of its premises or of the Common Areas, any pedestrian use, or any use, which is inconsistent with good business practice.
Loading Dock Hours and Access
The loading dock entrance is located on 12th Street side of the building and is open to receive deliveries from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please have all deliveries made through the loading dock. Parking is permitted at the loading dock 'only' when loading and unloading during the course of making deliveries. This applies to service vendors as well as other contractors, all of who may use the loading dock to load/unload tools and materials, but may 'not' park there while providing services.
To avoid delays, we have found it helpful to notify vendors/contractors of loading dock procedures in advance. These include:
- All deliveries must be scheduled through the Building Management Office 48 hours in advance at 510 488 3500 or email 601CC@shorenstein.com.
- Freight elevator access is available with a pre-scheduled request for no-hand carried deliveries.
- Two and four-wheel dollies, carts, and conveyors may not be taken in the passenger elevators. Only hand-held packages may be transported in passenger elevators during normal business hours.
- 30-minute parking available with a pre-scheduled request, as available.
- Tenants requiring the use of four-wheeled carts for their mail deliveries must use the freight elevator.
Please arrange for all deliveries to be brought directly to your space or have a tenant representative meet the deliverer at the loading dock. Deliveries are to be scheduled no earlier than 6:00 a.m. All major deliveries must be scheduled with Building Management Office 48 hours in advance.
For Office Moves information, please refer to section 7 for further details.
Note: The dock cannot admit trucks over 14 feet 6 inches high and 48 feet in length.
Policies and Procedures: Dock and Freight Elevator Requirements
The following dock and freight elevator rules must be adhered to by all companies accessing our property. Our staff will ask any company that cannot abide by these rules to leave the property.
- The dock cannot admit trucks over 14 feet 6” high and 48 feet in length. Access to the dock is off 12th Street between Jefferson and MLK Jr on the left-hand side of the road. Due to the limited number of parking spaces, the dock is only to be used for loading and unloading. Please make sure your team understands these spaces can’t be used as a place to simply park a vehicle for the day.
- If you require dock access, it should be scheduled 48 hours in advance through the Building Management Office. To obtain dock clearance, the company you are doing work for must call our office and have you placed on our daily access list. All loading and unloading for major moves must be scheduled with the Building Management Office.
- Work commencing after-hours requires the lead person to check in with our lobby attendants upon arrival and departure of the Building. The company must provide the name of the lead person on the crew and a telephone number.
- Access to the Building is limited to the freight elevator. THE FREIGHT ELEVATOR IS NEVER RESERVED FOR EXCLUSIVE USE. It must be shared with other parties as needed. If multiple moves are scheduled, we will work with the different companies involved to have a schedule in place allowing everyone to complete their project as quickly as possible.
- You must leave room for others to get on and off the elevator as needed. If multiple parties are using the freight elevator, you cannot take up more than 1/2 of the freight elevator at any given time. In the evenings Monday through Friday, you will be sharing the freight elevator with our janitorial crew.
- The freight elevator should never be held for extended periods of time. All items that need to be relocated should be near the freight elevator and ready to be loaded when the elevator is called to your floor.